About Our Program:
Our program is designed to prepare students for employment as phlebotomists & healthcare support workers. The content in this program includes, but is not limited to:
- Professional, communication and interpersonal skills
- Phlebotomy in relation to the healthcare setting
- Identify the anatomic structure and function of body systems in relation to services performed by the phlebotomist
- Recognize and identify collection reagents supplies, equipment and interfering chemical substances
- Infection control following standard precautions
- Transporting, accessioning and processing specimens
- Practice quality assurance and safety
Instruction and learning activities are provided in a laboratory setting using hands-on experiences with implements and equipment appropriate to the program’s content and in accordance with safety practices in the trade.
- 16 years of age or older and not currently enrolled in any K-12 program
- Occupational Interest
- Background Check and Drug Testing mandated for externship
This program is a planned sequence of instruction consisting of 2 occupational completion points. The length of the program is 165 hours as listed below. Upon completion of the program, the instructor will provide a certificate to the student verifying that the requirements have been met.
|OCP A||Basic Healthcare Worker||90 Hours|
|OCP B||Phlebotomist||75 Hours|
|Total Hours: 165|
Full Program Completion:
- Completion of all program competencies
- There is no TABE Test requirement for this course.
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician with NHA
- Background Check and Drug Testing may be required for externship
According to the 2018 Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median pay for phlebotomists was $34,480 annually or $16.58 per hour.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. To apply, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov. Visit the financial aid office for more information.
|South Dade Technical College|
28300 S.W. 152nd Avenue
Leisure City, FL 33033
|Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.|
Gainful Employment Disclosure:
|This program is designed to be completed in:||7 weeks|
|Program cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting but may have changed.||In-state: $787.40
165 hours x $2.56= $422.40
165 hours x $10.25= $1,691.25
|Fees $50.00 x 1 term= $50
Books and supplies= $300
|Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with $ 0 of debt.|
|The following States do not have licensure requirements for this profession: Florida|
|For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/|