Select Page

Eligibility Requirements

For students to receive financial assistance from federal, state or district financial aid programs, they must:

  • Apply for admission, complete the required basic skills assessments within the first six weeks of entry into a qualifying program, submit documentation required by the program, and receive notification of admittance to the desired program.
  • Not be receiving Title IV financial aid concurrently from another institution.
  • Be enrolled as a regular student in an eligible program.
  • Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This must be completed for each year of enrollment. The application can be accessed at
  • Have a verifiable financial need based upon the “Student Aid Report” (SAR)/ “Institutional Student Information Report” (ISIR) in relation to the institutional cost of attendance.
  • Be one of the following to receive federal student aid:
    – U.S. citizen
    – U.S. national (includes natives of American Samoa or Swain’s island)
    – U.S. permanent resident who has an I-151, I-551, or I-551C (Permanent Resident card)
    Please visit for additional information on eligibility criteria.
  • Need to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in accordance with school policy.
  • Not be in default on a Federal Perkins Loan or any loans under the Federal Family of Educational Loan Programs (FFELP) made available through M-DCPS or other institutions, or have made satisfactory arrangements to repay a defaulted loan, and must not have borrowed in excess of the loan limits under any Title IV program.
  • Not owe refunds on a Federal Pell Grant, or any other Title IV grant.
  • Have a signed statement of registration compliance indicating that they have either registered with the Selective Service or are not required to register.
    Please visit for additional information.
  • Have a signed statement of educational purpose saying that they will use the money only for expenses related to attending school.
  • Hold a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) diploma. A diploma can be from a foreign school if it is officially verified as equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma.
  • Not be enrolled in any high school completion program or hold a bachelor’s degree or higher.
  • Comply with attendance policies, safety regulations, and the Post-Secondary Code of Student Conduct.
  • Comply with federal requirements regarding felony drug conviction policy in accordance with Title 34: Part 668.40, Student Eligibility, of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).