About Our Program:
This program is designed to teach students the latest techniques in the skin care industry and qualify students for employment while obtaining a Facial Specialty License from the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation. This content includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Communication, entrepreneurship, and employability skills
- Human relations and customer service
- Safe and efficient work practices
- Florida cosmetology law and rules
- Acquisition of knowledge of the facial skin and the related chemistry, infectious control, anatomy, and physiology
- Development of skill in performing facials, manipulation and related massage, make-up and eyelash application, and hair removal
Instruction and learning activities are provided in a laboratory setting using hands-on experiences with chemicals, implements, and equipment appropriate to the program’s content and in accordance with safety and sanitation practices in the trade.
- 16 years of age or older and not currently enrolled in any K-12 program
- Occupational Interest
This program consists of 260 hours and is a planned sequence of instruction consisting of one Occupational Completion Point (OCP):
|OCP A||Facials/Skin Care Specialist||220 Hours|
|Total Hours: 220|
Full Program Completion:
- Completion of all program competencies
- There is no TABE Test requirement for this course.
- Facial Specialist State License (Social Security or Tax Identification Number required)
- Manufacturer’s Representative
- Destination Spa or Cruise Ship Esthetician
- Skin Care Specialist
- Beauty supply sales
The average wage for this career in Florida is $17.35 hourly or $36,090 annually.
Employment of skincare specialists is projected to grow 29% from 2020 to 2030.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. To apply, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov. Visit the financial aid office for more information.
|South Dade Technical College|
28300 S.W. 152nd Avenue
Leisure City, FL 33033
|Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.|
Gainful Employment Disclosure:
|This program is designed to be completed in:||11 weeks|
|Program cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting but may have changed.||In-state: $1,000.60
260 hours x $2.56= $665.60
260 hours x $10.25= $2,665.00
|Fees $35.00 x 1 term= $35.00
Books and supplies= $300.00
|Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with $ 0 of debt.|
|The following States do not have licensure requirements for this profession: Florida|
|For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/|
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Skincare Specialists, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/personal-care-and-service/skincare-specialists.htm.