Skills for Academic, Vocational and English Studies (SAVES) is a federally funded program which addresses the educational and vocational needs of adult immigrants who are qualified as refugees, asylees (from any part of the world) or parolee/entrants (only from Cuba or Haiti). The program helps to facilitate the transition of participating students into the South Florida community by providing quality services.
The SAVES program pays:
- Block tuition fees for students who register in Adult General Education (AGE) classes including ESOL, ELCATE, ABE, GED, and Citizenship
- Up to three (3) trimesters scholarship payments for students enrolled in a career/technical education program including books and supplies
SAVES services are terminated after a student:
- Has spent five (5) years in the United States
- Has not progressed and repeated the same AGE class three (3) times
- Has completed his/her education goals
- Has become a United States citizen
- Has relocated outside Miami-Dade County, the service area
- Requests to be taken out of the program
For more information, visit saves.dadeschools.net.